Verizon Wireless Internship!

On January 1, 2017 I started as a part time intern for Verizon Wireless in its Human Resources department. I was responsible for combing through applications of external and internal candidates as well as doing pre-screens for potential interview candidates. I was also fortunate enough to be able to attend career fairs (ex. Spring Connection) and other college events to help recruit potential employees for Verizon Wireless. This internship allowed me to see exactly what HR professionals look for when combing through resumes and it also helped to me learn about the hiring process. Not every candidate that applies for a job position considers whether the job they are applying for is a good fit and it’s partly up to the HR professional to figure that out. When it comes to hiring it’s important to find people who fit in with the company culture and that understand the mission of that company. The right fit is needed when hiring as to decrease turn over rates and to increases company productivity and efficiency.