Business Office Intern – Columbia North YMCA

Early into my junior year I was lucky enough to be presented with the opportunity to become the Business Office Intern for the Columbia North YMCA located just off of Temple University’s main campus. I work under the direct supervision of Rose Rivera, Business Manager and Chante Beverly, Administrative Assistant. Within this position I am responsible for a number of administrative tasks that have helped me to become acclimated to the office environment and to gain a valuable understanding of how a larger business operates. From an HR perspective, I worked hands-on in the on boarding process and learned how to create new employee and volunteer files. I became familiar working with standard business office documents including but not limited to W-4 and I-9 forms, background checks and drug tests, applications and direct deposit enrollments, offer letters and terminations. Through my time at the Columbia North YMCA so far I have not only gained an understanding of what my future career path entails but also had countless opportunities to meet wonderful people and create lasting memories.