My First Internship
The Humphrey Management internship was a paid 12-week program designed to offer students experience who are passionate about pursuing a career in property management. I learned about the day-to-day business functions in property management related to human resources, marketing, accounting, operations, and compliance. I interacted with all levels of management and participated in the Company’s Mission and Foundations to promote company ambassadorship. During this internship I got to work directly with the VP of HR and learn a great deal. also:
- Follow-up telephone calls with prospective residents the same day.
- Sifted through resumes and made a new hire
- Assisted the Director of Marketing with proofreading and updating website content.
- Aided in proofreading and updating employee handbook
- Participated in walking the property for curb appeal and overall property appearance.
- Assisted the Director of Accounting and Director of Compliance with special projects.
- Completed Grace Hill courses in Fair Housing, Sexual Harassment, Leasing, and Marketing.
- Attended in-house compliance, property management software, or industry related training.
- Participated in bi-weekly progress meetings with Human Resources